Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fair price for painting inside of house?

just bought a 4500 square foot house in Dallas, TX area. I have been quoted $4600 to paint the whole inside the colors of my choosing. Price includes Texture and faux Finish Living, Dining and Kitchen. Does this sound reasonable?Fair price for painting inside of house?
Actually, that sounds like a great deal! Especially if you have high ceilings. Faux finish alone can run that much, in a large room. Sure, you could probably find college kids or friends to do it, but you won't like the results. Hire a pro and get it done right!Fair price for painting inside of house?
It sounds a little high. If your ceilings are humungous then it will cost more but if you have a 10 -12 foot ceiling average and your house is just long or many stories then I wouldn't pay that much. I have painted alot of houses and you have to take into consideration, windows and door frames to be painted around (and also to be painted?), ceiling height and of course the type of texture and faux finish. I would say it is High but we are in Indiana and you want them to do a good job so it might be worth it. Just do another couple of estimates to make sure.





In reference to the answer below, your house is 4500 sq. feet not your walls, they aren't painting your floors.........
Watch HG tv for a week straight, learn how to do it yourself and then buy a keg and barbque for your friends and family. (Be sure not to introduce the beer until they are FINISHED painting) That is how I painted my Grandmas house and it worked wonderfully.


If not I think you could shop a little longer to get a better price by at least 500 or so.
A dollar a sq. ft has been standard around here for years. And with the rise in cost of materials, the xtra $100.00 does NOT sound unreasonable to me. Is the painter licensed? How about his resume'? If you like his work, go for it. But I know that there are alot of amatuers out there that would do it for less, but then their finished product??
not sure...but, sounds like alot of money. I'd hire some college kids to do the work for say 50.00 a room or so. you make out the amount. I wouldnt pay by the hour. besides most of those contractors, just contract out others...

No comments:

Post a Comment