Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What % of retail price do wholesalers usually get? I want to sell my product to a chain of paint stores.?

I have a painting product that I have been able to sell to a few local painters. Their reaction has been very positive, but I feel I need to sell through paint/home improvement retailers. In my first negotiation, the chain of stores was only willing to give me a la few dollars per unit. Is there an industry norm for what a wholesaler should expect (e.g., % of retail price)?What % of retail price do wholesalers usually get? I want to sell my product to a chain of paint stores.?
More often than not, stores sell merchandise for twice what they pay for it, but the markup is frequently less. With groceries the markup is way less than that. Paint stores have different prices for different customers. Regular people pay full price, decorators pay less, and contractors pay even less. A big contractor can get an even better price.





I worked for a paint factory once. They sold about 95% of their paint to one contractor. When we were unloading paint at a jobsite, people would frequently try to get us to sell them paint off the truck cheap. They knew it didn't belong to us. We just ignored them.What % of retail price do wholesalers usually get? I want to sell my product to a chain of paint stores.?
U will get what U decide to charge at whole-sale price and as said depending on the numbers the company purcheses they will ask or expect a for a discount for certain numbers of the product.


I hope this helps, do not under price Ur product. U do not say what U were selling to the Painters at.
In my business I give 30% discount depending on certain volume.
Wholesale prices depend on the product and industry. I think it is usually between 50~70% of the retail price. Many big retail stores would want 15-30% off the regular wholesale price if they are buying a large amount. The main thing is figuring out the price they offer in the quantity ordered would be profitable for your business. Do be aware of payment terms and return policies from big companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment