Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What is the price range to charge to paint apartments. What is the price range on doing sheetrock repairs?

It all depends on your area and it is usually very competitive. Talk to a couple apartment owners or managers and see if you can glance at an apt magazine. They usually have several ads for apt painters and the ads show the exact prices that they charge.


If it were me, I would go to work for an apt painter for awhile, because they have some very useful tricks to painting apts very quickly.


Re sheet rock, I would start off with time and materials until I learned how to quote for the job.What is the price range to charge to paint apartments. What is the price range on doing sheetrock repairs?
So much depends on the area, your expertise, your history in the field.


I don't want to dampen your spirits because when I went into the business 50 years ago I had a paintbrush a pliers and a screw driver, and a hope. We were hungry. I retired at over 150K a year, 47 years later.


First, if you know what your doing and don't have to guess and hope. About fifteen and hour until you get a name for yourself where you don't have to advertise anymore.


You'll have to give something back once in a while to keep your name but, that's the name of it.





I made $48.00 an hour and made no bones about it. I had a few people turn me down but, I had twenty more waiting and the ones that did turn me down, wished they hadn't.


I also had thirteen people working for me. We were doing six homes a week.





Be polite, explain what and why your doing what you are,. Don't be afraid to tell someone you can't do the job and have to call in someone. Like an electrician or an experienced plumber but, keep the same ones all the time, they'll do you favors and you can do some for them. They'll give you breaks.





If someone gives you a bad time before the job, simply pick up your stuff and leave. Always sign a contract with all the specs.


Good luckWhat is the price range to charge to paint apartments. What is the price range on doing sheetrock repairs?
Repair cost like that can depend if your a hired maintenance person, or if your a contractor,, hired maintenance about $10 - $12 an hour, if a contractor between $45 and $65 an hour

No comments:

Post a Comment