Saturday, February 27, 2010

Is $2500.00 a good price to paint my 92 GMC 1500 Sierra?

I asked for a quote I'm guessing this includes the minor body work too, just dings and stuff nothing major. Oh yeah I'm in Stockton Ca and it will be the same color.Is $2500.00 a good price to paint my 92 GMC 1500 Sierra?
if you want a cheap job yes but to paint the truck wright is would be more like $3000-4000 if the pull all the trim and windows! if thay don't it will peel in a year or two!Is $2500.00 a good price to paint my 92 GMC 1500 Sierra?
sounds a little on the high range. is the car worth that much ??? maybe you should find two different places.





If you get a drink from an office store (staples or office depot) you pay $3 for the drink. go to a supermarket and get a whole case for $3.





try and get a quote from a body shop just for the dents and dings. dont go to the paint shop for dent repair. they usually charge a lot more then a normal place.





hope that helped you a bit.
It hard to say, I just spent $1300 on my 81 GMC step side. At times I wish I had spent more money for a better paint job, but who's to say that I would have gotten a better one. So you will have to do your home work and look around an check a few difference places out to fine the best painting shop. It about how much you like your truck and how long your are planing to keep it. Good Luck '; Some places wanted well over $3000 too much money. An I love my truck.
is it really worth it to paint a 17 year old car





especially when its the same color





and all you had to do was wax your car every once in a while


so it doesnt look like crap
if you see the guys work on other vehicles and how much you want it to be perfect is the problem...talk to some of his costomers. $4000.00 should be like brand new.
NO


you can get it done for less then $1000
YES

No comments:

Post a Comment